Duke University Fuqua School of Business
Health Sector Management (HSM) at The Fuqua School of Business leverages Duke University’s longstanding leadership in education, research and clinical care to develop the leaders who will drive and innovate the healthcare industry. HSM layers the in-depth, interdisciplinary study of the global health sector onto Fuqua’s world-class business management curriculum, providing rich, holistic and lasting learning experiences inside and outside the classroom. HSM students work closely with faculty and industry leaders to explore and identify answers to healthcare’s most fundamental and emerging issues, including:
- Healthcare Marketing
- Technology Commercialization
- Health Systems Management
- Financing Alternatives
- Management of Drug Discovery
- Economics of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Healthcare Law and Policy
- Clinical Information Management
With their understanding of the industry, highly applicable skills and professional network, HSM graduates join noted public and private organizations to become healthcare leaders of consequence.
HSM concentrations and/or certificates are offered across Fuqua's world-class MBA degree programs:
- The Duke MBA—Daytime Health Sector Management: a full-time, 22-month residency program that immerses students in healthcare issues.
- The Duke MBA—Cross Continent Health Sector Management: a 16-month program that combines online learning with residencies across the globe.
- The Duke MBA—Weekend Executive Health Sector Management: a 20-month program for professionals who seek a Duke MBA while continuing to work full time.
- The Duke MBA—Global Executive Health Sector Management: a 15-month program for experienced professionals that combines online learning with international residencies.
HSM also offers the one-year Master of Management in Clinical Informatics program – the only health informatics management program of its kind in the United States.Visit Website View Calendar